Monday 26 May 2008

Diamond in the Rough

So, getting back to my dear old blog, which I've shamefully neglected again. I've been messing around in Houdini, a monster of a 3D program that kept my crazy mind busy for many sleepless nights...

Before I try to explain what I did and end up boring and confusing people, I'll just say I figured out how to make a diamond with all of its physical properties from scratch by writing my own 3D shader. Yes, I attempted to write my own shader. Here is the rendered turnaround animation of the diamond:




And here is an image below of the VEX network I created to make the shader, for those who care to know.



Why did I do this? Well, you never know when it will come in handy...anyway, enjoy!

4 comments:

mak attack said...

A THOUSAND GASPS RIGHT HERE!!!!

mak attack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristian Camaroschi said...

Good Job man keep it up!

Agnes Salek said...

This looks beautiful Lawrence :D More work like that please :)