Tuesday 8 November 2011

Sword

*Update*

I added some materials to the sword. Overall I think I'm pretty happy with it now.

I tried modeling in 3DS Max and came up with this sword. I actually used one of the designs from "The Art of World of Warcraft". Supposedly this is a level 4 sword, according to the book. For a first serious attempt with this program, I'm pretty satisfied. Maybe I'll do something more with it, although I am still sticking with Maya in the end.





3DS Max; Subdivision Surfaces; Rendered with Mental Ray.

1 comment:

BookishConversations said...

Sweet image! I have a friend who just wrote a book called Indebted: The Berkshire Dragon about a sword-wielding princess. Charmayne Hafen. I'd love to give her a picture of your sword. Is this available as a printable file?